A Christian presence in every community: Pray – Grow – Serve
The Forder Valley Mission Community is the local expression of the Church of England, serving the communities of Eggbuckland, Estover, Derriford and Leigham.
As part of the Diocese of Exeter our aims are:
- To work towards seeing a Christ-centred, loving, creative and relevant Christian Presence in every local community.
- To focus our activities on the three diocesan priorities of:
- Growing in prayer
- Making new disciples and
- Serving the people of Eggbuckland, Estover, Derriford and Leigham with joy.
We recognise that our strategy needs to be two-fold:
- Attracting people to join us in our worship and activities.
- Stepping outside our buildings to go out into the community and engage with people where they are.
Our values, which are displayed in everything we do, are:
- Being Word and Spirit Led
- Being Prayerful
- Being One Body
- Being Grace-Full
National Strategies and Accountability:
We are working to become a ‘safe’ Church through our Safeguarding practice and policy.
As part of our stewardship responsibility, we are working towards being an Eco Church and are working with A Roche to develop this. In 2016/17 we were awarded a Bronze award and in 2018 we were awarded a silver award in recognition of the progress achieved so far.
We are a Fairtrade Church and are working towards becoming a Dementia Friendly Church
We endeavour to be fully transparent in terms of Data Protection and the current legislation known as GDPR has been adopted