Education has been a passion of St Edward’s church and its parishioners for generations and Eggbuckland’s first school was situated in what was the walled garden of the Old Vicarage as early as 1778 with the Rev John Julian as its founder. Later Eggbuckland National School (later became known as St Edward’s Church School) was established in 1847 on a piece of land given from the large vicarage gardens by the Rev George Hunt. The school moved in 1971 to the current Fort Austin Crescent location where it continues to thrive.
We regularly welcome local schools and community groups to come and visit often doing bespoke visits to cater for the specific needs of each group.
We also are available to come into school to lead lessons, assemblies, clubs and other activities. Please contact Rev Chris Routledge on 781 564 for more information or to book