We are committed to serving our Parish, city and region in whatever way we can.
If you are self-isolating, vulnerable in any way or just find you need a bit of extra help or somewhere to turn, please do get in touch – if we can help we will, if we know someone who is better placed to help we will pass you their details and if we are unsure, we will do what we can realistically to help you find the support you need.
Many of our church members are vulnerable or over 70 and so we have developed a few projects that we hope will help them and we offer them to you too
- Regular phone calls to ‘check-in’ with people (especially vulnerable). We also would like to be a place you can call for support if you would like to: Vicar – Chris Routledge (01752) 781 564 // Admin – Julian Payne (01752) 344 632 – if you would like to assist us in this or need assistance yourself please contact Julian Payne (01752) 344 632
- Food/medicine pick up/deliveries: Please call Julian (admin) on 01752 344 632 for assistance. We are also partnering with Eggbuckland Stores and their community volunteer team. You can also call them on 01752 789 544. We are working together with them and others to ensure we all can best support people in the Eggbuckland area.
- Food Bank & Debt Support: It is encouraging to hear the Government seeking to put plans together to support those whose jobs are under threat and because of the impact of the virus as well as families on lower incomes. However, there may be those who slip through that net or need additional support. We are working with North Plymouth Food Bank to provide a Food Bank Access in Eggbuckland for those who would need this and the Salvation Army, Whitleigh for Debt Counselling support – Please call the Vicar: Rev Chris Routledge on 01752 781 564 for assistance in the first instance.
- Prayer: As a Christian Community, we know the power of prayer in the middle of difficulties – we would love to pray for anyone who is ill, struggling with isolation or needing help at this time – Please email prayers to firstname.lastname@example.org (we also love to pray prayers of thanks too – if good things have happened too!)
- Funeral care and Bereavement: Whilst we are unable to use the church buildings for funeral services currently, our clergy are still available and active to take funeral services (Subject to Government and Bishops regulations regarding social distancing) and support you at this time of need, as ever.