For Church Planting, Evangelism and Discipleship
The Forder Valley Mission Community has recently emerged out of two large neighbouring parishes in the City of Plymouth (Estover and Eggbuckland) that have a significant new housing development currently being built within them. Though at an early stage, we aspire to be a vibrant Christ-centred, locally-relevant and growing Christian community. Alongside developing a brand new church plant in this new housing estate, we would also like the successful candidate to help enrich and develop a greater Evangelistic and Discipleship culture across the mission community working with the Vicar and existing team. We therefore seek to appoint an Associate Minister for Church Planting, Evangelism and Discipleship to be part of a growing, committed and dynamic team to work with us, encourage us and enable us in this next phase.
We are looking for someone who will be:
- A gifted evangelist, passionate about sharing the good news with a wide range of people, bringing them to faith and integrating them in a church family where they can grow as disciples.
- Keen to equip and encourage Christians to be more confident and effective in sharing their faith in their community and context
- a passion to enable a culture of ‘disciple-making disciples’.
- Able to build, motivate and inspire a team to sustain a church plant.
- An ordained priest in the Church of England or Church Army Evangelist.
Could this be you?
For a copy of the Parish Profile, extract of the Plymouth Plan and any other details, please contact:
Rev’d Chris Routledge firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01752 781564
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Tuesday 8th November 2016
Interviews: Tuesday 22nd November 2016