To enquire about getting married at St Edwards, contact:
Church Administrator: Julian Payne (01752) 344 632 or use the contact form
Vicar: Rev. Chris Routledge, (01752) 781 564
100 Church Hill, Eggbuckland
Plymouth PL6 5RD
Wedding Booking Checklist
At the time of Booking
1) Contact Julian to see if date clear and fill in application form. In some cases a meeting with the vicar is required before confirming whether the marriage can take place. If this is necessary, the date will be kept and a meeting arranged as soon as possible.
2) You will receive a letter (usually by email) and please check and sign the form informing us of any amendments required. This will form a legal document so spelling and accuracy is essential. You also need to supply original documentation to prove identity, address and nationality at this stage
Between 12 – 6 months before
3) Attend Marriage Preparation Day to explore key aspects of strong and lasting marriages
4) Attend Wedding Evening or a meeting with the Vicar to discuss aspects of the service, suggestions for hymns, choices. You will receive the ‘Wedding Choices’ Booklet and ‘Wedding Hymns’ Booklet and given ideas for personalising your service.
5) You will receive a second letter which gives you details of Fees for the year that you are getting married. These are updated each year. It also provides information about any action needed for publishing Banns
from 3 months before
5) If you do not live in the Parish, please ensure that you have made arrangements for having Banns called at the relevant places. If in doubt please contact us and we can help.
6) Contact the minister who is taking your service to arrange the detail of the service
7) Attend reading of the Banns
One month before
8) Arrange for Banns certificate to be picked up and payment
9) Pay wedding fees
10 ) Arrange wedding rehearsal