- Calling of the ‘Banns of Marriage’ – These need to be called for three weeks before a wedding in both parishes of Residence as well as the Parish that each of you live in. You are responsible and must arrange for the calling of ‘Banns’ at the Parish Church where you/Your partner lives. We can only accept banns applications to be published at St Edward’s. A fee will be charged and a certificate issued to you, which you must show to the minister conducting the wedding prior to the marriage service
- Wedding Couple Evening – Early in the year you have booked to get married, or at the time of the calling of the Banns of Marriage, you will be sent an invitation to attend wedding preparation. This is an opportunity to discuss with the vicar the service you would like, find out a little more about the church and spend time together investing in your future marriage.
- Music – The service usually begins with the entry of the bridal party which may be accompanied by the music of your choice either on the organ or a CD (in agreement with the vicar). You may choose two or three other hymns and our organist or vicar are happy to help with this. After the signing of the register, the service ends as the couple leave, followed by the wedding party accompanied by the music of your choice again either on the organ or a CD.
- Service Sheets – Many couples opt to have service sheets instead of using hymn books which can be a lovely memento of the day. These are available through wedding stationers or you or a friend can produce your own on a computer. Please check with the vicar before getting them printed to ensure the order is ok and we can also proof check them for you.
- Flowers – Outside of lent and advent (where we don’t usually have flowers in church), our flower arrangers like to ensure that the ‘church’ flowers chosen work with your colour schemes and choices – we request a small contribution to these flowers through the fees and these will remain in the church. You are of course welcome to have other flowers and arrangements placed in the church through your florist and you are welcome to take these with you to the reception.
- Confetti – is very much encouraged and you are welcome to use confetti. As an Eco-church committed to reducing our plastic usage, we encourage you to use biodegradable confetti if possible. The best place for the ‘confetti shot’ is at the church gate.
- Photographs – Many couples employ professional photographers for the day or have skilled friends and we are pleased to allow ‘the photographer’ to take discrete photographs during the service.
For further details or questions please contact the vicar or parish administrator who will be very happy to assist.